Monday, March 17, 2014

Well, looks like the Lord is still blessing me! I LOVE MY COMPANION!!!! It's amazing how much your mission is effected by the people around you. I am so grateful for Sister Herdman and her sweet spirit! She is so happy and pleasant all the time and I am just so grateful for her love and the dedication she has to this work. Happiness. 

Monday- Jake told us about how he talked to his mom last weekend and the courage he had to tell her about his conversion. She didn't understand at first but when he said he couldn't deny the truth of it she felt that what he was saying was true. She told him that they will always love him no matter what and we were all so happy we were crying! Jake said it was our praying and fasting that softened her heart. I love the Lord!!!!!!

Tuesday- we taught Jake about the priesthood and he is so excited to receive it. That night he went to institute class and gave the scripture thought at the beginning. He shared his favorite scripture, which is 2 Nephi 33:10
" 10 And now, my beloved brethren, and also aJew, and all ye ends of the earth, hearken unto these words and bbelieve in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall cbelieve in Christ ye will believe in these dwords, for they are the ewords of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they fteach all men that they should do good.
 11 And if they are not the words of Christ, judge ye—for Christ will show unto you, with apower and great bglory, that they are his words, at the last day; and you and I shall stand face to face before his bar; and ye shall know that I have been commanded of him to write these things, notwithstanding my weakness."
He shared his testimony and how he has come to know that the Book of Mormon is true. It was so powerful, I almost cried. But I didn't! 
Wednesday- Transfer day I was dropped off at the apartment of the Bear Creek sisters at 6:40 in the morning. The best part was that they didn't know I was coming. Haha, their faces. The Sister Training Leaders told me right before bed the night before that I wouldn't be going to transfers and would spend the day in Bear Creek. Sisters Anderson and Nelson didn't know because their phone wasn't working at the time. It was so fun to spend a day getting to know those sisters! I love learning from all the sisters in this mission. They are all amazing. We spent most of the day looking for my wallet that I lost. I think someone stole it. Which is not cool. But hey, the Lord will provide. 
Then Sister Herdman came!!!!! Oh my gosh I was so excited the whole day we were together! I just love her so much and I am so happy she is here! 

Friday- on our way to service we met a girl named Taira on the bus! We invited her to come to our movie night that night and she CAME! We showed the movie "The Testaments" which is about Christ coming to the Americas- based off of the Book of Mormon. She loved it. And cried when Christ appeared to the Nephites. :) We set up a time to see her the next day to teach her more about it. 

Saturday- The weather was so beautiful! We practiced a song we would be singing in sacrament meeting the next day. The song is called The Olive Tree. Awesome missionary song. Especially for sister missionaries :) 
We met up with Jake to teach the rest of lesson five and he told us he finished the Book of Mormon! :) He loved it. Really loved it. He wants to get baptized in St. Louis so that his friends and family can go. He told me that he really really wants me to be there so I called the mission President to get permission and he said I couldn't because he has already had to say no to 30 other missionaries that want to travel that far for baptisms. Jake was really upset. But he will be okay. I'm sad I can't be there but I'm mostly just so happy he told me what a significant part I have been in his conversion. He said my testimony and enthusiasm was exactly what he needed. I didn't think my role was so significant and I think it was good for me to see that I am needed. It was a good moment. 

Then we taught our new investigator Taira! She seemed excited to learn and in her prayer at the end she thanked God for answering her prayers and bringing us into her life. It's moments like these that make being a missionary the best thing in the world. 

Sunday- Jamie came to church! She had a sinus infection along with other things like losing her voice and she came to sacrament meeting!!! Oh I was so happy to see her. She got a blessing afterwards, which was perfect. She said she felt better. I love the priesthood. 
Qing came to sacrament meeting even though she had a huge project! Blessings for her!! :D
And of course Jake came. :) He always comes. 


It was a great week :) And this week is going to be even better!!!!!! :D I love being a missionary!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment