Monday, June 24, 2013


On a scale from one to ten my happiness level went from a 3 to like a 25. Heavenly Father loves me and sent me a happy person that I love and adore! We clicked within 24 hours and feel like we've been friends all along. Her name is Sister Linton and she is from Wyoming! She came out at the same time as me and is 20 years old. She is so good at making people smile and has already been such a blessing in my life. I know we will be lasting friends.
Transfer meeting on Wednesday was sad because it was President and Sister Clark's last meeting and a lot of really amazing missionaries I have come to love and admire went home. BUT the Lord is at the head of this work and if you watched the Missionary Broadcast last night, you know how exciting the future is for missionary work. I'm sure President and Sister Morgan were there at the conference being filled with the spirit and we are excited for them to get here July 1st.
The work is going great! We have two baptismal dates set with Mieisha and Alexia. Two friends who have come to church and want to follow Jesus Christ. Tonight we are teaching them with Mieisha's MOM! We are so excited to get to know her and hope that she will desire to partake of the blessings of this gospel as well.
Donna's son Brandon is now meeting with us and even tried to come to church with her yesterday but he got sick and couldn't make it. We also taught his best friend Nigel and they both said they want to get baptized. MAN this work is fun! I really hope we get to meet with them again soon so we can set dates.
Ian is a 13-year-old we have been teaching who knows A LOT about religion for someone his age. He is intrigued by our religion and now desires to be a part of it as well. He is progressing and we are excited to help his family to come to know the truth as well. The Lord loves his children and wants all to be active in reaping the blessings that come from his perfect gospel.
As we learned from apostles of the Lord last night, "This is the most important work that can be done." How great it was to see all of those missionaries and the Sisters! Did you see all those beautiful Sister Missionaries? What a sight to see. I feel so blessed to be serving at this special time when the work is going forth like it never has before. I know this gospel is true and that families can be together forever! All we have to do is what our loving Father in Heaven asks of us.
Thank you to my amazing extended family who all wrote me notes at our Reay Reunion. I can't tell you how much I appreciate hearing from you and feeling of your love and support. I am humbled by the blessings of having such a great family. I miss and love you all! Keep the faith!
Love,
Sister Collett

Our first day tracting.

A cool tree carving.

Lightening bugs!


Street contacting at a car show.


No comments:

Post a Comment