Monday, July 1, 2013

This week went by SO fast!!! I can't tell you how fast things go as a missionary when you are happy and working hard. Sister Linton is so fun and she has great charity. She serves me and is a light to have around. We teach well together and the spirit is strong between the two of us.
Today I am emailing a little later than usual because we found out that the St. Louis Art Museum was open today! Which almost never happens. It's usually closed on Mondays but they opened up a new exhibit so we went first thing this morning. It was super fun! I love art!  
But this morning we cleaned and did laundry while we decorated the whole apartment with patriotic things that mom sent me! It looks so cute and I will have to take pictures to send to you guys. But I am excited for the Fourth because we are going to go downtown to the arch and it should be pretty spectacular. On Thursday we stop proselyting at 4pm and can be out till 10:30! We are going to be so tired haha I usually get tired around 8:00!
So some sad news on our baptisms we were planning for this month... yesterday they both dropped us. We just got texts from both of them at different times of the day that said they had changed their minds and are going to stick with their old church. I'm not gonna lie- I was pretty bummed about it. Especially since no one came to church that day either. BUT the Lord is at the head of this work and that just means we are two people closer to finding those who are truly ready to come into the fold. 
Basically, I don't remember last week because it went by so fast... either does Sister Linton. But I do know that last Monday we bought matching nighties that we love coming home to because they are so comfy! Haha! 
We taught Ian a couple of times and we are still trying to get his mom to talk with us. Super nice lady- just seems kind of shy. 
We visited Brian and Melissa who have felt too pressured... They didn't feel ready for baptism and didn't like feeling like they had to be baptized so quickly. We said that they don't have to be baptized in order to attend our church and we just want them to have the blessings of becoming a member. That made them feel a lot better. We promised to no longer push him to set a baptismal date and he was happy about that. We will still teach them once a week as they continue to grow and learn. 
New people are moving into the ward which is really fun. Our recent converts are doing well and our ward council is taking good care of them. We have found  new investigators to teach- we are just trying to find solid ones who are prepared to come unto the Lord with full purpose of heart. 
Our new Mission President is in St. Louis and we will be meeting him on Tuesday at a zone conference. I'm excited to get to know him and see what he brings to this awesome mission. Things are great! I love my mission and I love all of you! Keep sharing the gospel with everyone you know!! <3

Sister Collett






No comments:

Post a Comment