Monday, December 16, 2013


Woah! Sister Lowther got her visa and is now on her way to Brazil! Right now! And I am getting transferred to Columbia, Missouri to a university ward! I'm SO STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love serving at universities! The Lord really loves me. :) I just can't believe I am getting transferred! I thought for sure I would stay in Sandy Creek for at least two transfers. And I can't believe Sister Lowther got her visa! So crazy and exciting. I am so happy for her! She will do so great there. 
Now you might be wondering who my companion is right now... cuz missionaries can't be alone. I am with Sisters Scott and Herdman who are the sisters serving in Arnold. We get to see them just about every day since we live in the same complex and now we are in a tri-panionship until transfers on Wednesday. Which is AWESOME because I seriously love these two. They are amazing.

Tuesday we got to teach a new investigator named Felicia who is totally ready for this gospel. She has a seven-year-old daughter and really wants to know what church is right. She wants her daughter to know God and she really wants to be freed from the guilt that is caused by mistakes. We promised her she can feel that relief through Jesus Christ. She's baptist but never felt comfortable at the church she was attending. The lesson went great and she was excited for us to come back. I felt God's love for her and was so excited to help her access the atonement. 

Then we saw this lady who was not really liking what we taught... but she said she would pray about it! :) And I know the Lord will help her feel that it is true. It is all in his own time. :)

Tommy is doing awesome. She believes everything that we have taught her... man, now that I'm getting transferred I won't get to see her progress. Man, that's rough. But the Lord has a plan! And I am sooo down with whatever he wants to happen! 

Jerry is doing great and is totally getting baptized this weekend. :) I won't get to be there but I have loved to see how this gospel has changed him. His wife said that he has been better with the kids and she can tell he is really trying to apply what we have taught him. It's pretty awesome. 

Sister Huppi told me that Rayman got the Aaronic Priesthood!!!! I am so so so proud of him and so happy he has chosen to follow Jesus Christ's example. So awesome.

Remember Christian? The guy in a wheelchair we were teaching? He totally got baptized. :D His parents finally gave him the okay! She hasn't told me anything about it yet but I wish I could have been there. I'm so so so happy for him! I can only imagine how awesome his testimony was when he shared it after being baptized. Ugh. I love my life. 

Angela is doing awesome and will hopefully be okay without us... I haven't told her I'm leaving yet because I hate goodbyes.. :( Good thing the Lord knows what he's doing! 

In Columbia I will be follow-up training Sister Smith. Don't know her but President says she's great. I'm so excited and can't wait! This is going to be awesome. I love everyone!!!!!! Merry Christmas!!!!!

Sister Collett

p.s. Please send me letters!!

Sister Alexa Collett
1850 Craigshire Dr. Ste 205
Maryland Heights, MO 63146
(314) 598-0191

No comments:

Post a Comment