Monday, December 9, 2013


Missouri is so beautiful when it snows! And all the houses are covered in Christmas lights. It looks so cute and festive. I love this season and the spirit of giving! We started off the week with Zone Conference which was wonderful. President Pully of the Stake Presidency came and gave us a training along with President and Sister Morgan. We also received trainings from our Zone Leaders, Sister Training Leaders, and Assistants to the President. It was a great learning experience and I really enjoyed feeling the spirit. The Sister Training Leaders gave a beautiful training on our relationship with Christ that really touched my heart and motivated me more to change. I love the power and love that Christ has and that we can have as we let him into our lives more. 



We had another exchange with the Sister Training Leaders but this time I went to Oakville with Sister Minyard (who was in my district in Webster Groves). She is such an amazing missionary and person. I LOVED getting to spend the day with her! The first lady we tried to teach wasn't home and so we went to go see an older, less-active woman. She had very interesting stories of her life that sounded more like something from Bonnie and Clyde. It was really entertaining but lasted waaay too long. By the time we got out of there it was dark (the sun sets at 4pm) and we walked away with gifts. Dried roses and copies of a book that she wrote. Haha, the things you gain on your mission. :)


I'm running out of time but we got a new investigator who is a lady named Tommy. Her husband is a member and has terminal lung cancer. They both have amazing faith and she is so ready for this gospel. We taught her the restoration and when I invited her to pray to know if it is true she said, "What if I already know it is?" I was pretty excited to get that answer. We invited her to consider baptism and her husband said she would once she knows more. She said a beautiful closing prayer and then gave us cupcakes! It was great! 

Saturday I had the wonderful privilege of attending the temple. That will be the only time I get to go to the temple for the rest of my mission. The policy is that missionaries can go if they really need to and it can only be either in the middle of their mission or at the end. And since I'm in the middle I decided to take it. I love the temple so much and will go as much as possible when I am home. Oh it's so wonderful. I could live there! 


Because of the snow there were very few people at church. BUT an awesome member in his four-wheel drive car took us up with GIANT hill to Angela's house to pick her up for church since her car couldn't make it. The road she lives on is steep and there was no way she could drive. So we prayed and the Lord provided a way for her to come. It really was a miracle and It was great having her there. She said she really enjoyed it. Jerry came to church as well with his wife and he is doing great. I'm out of time but happy and well. Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment