Monday, November 4, 2013


It's November! 


Seriously, time is flying! We had a great week. It started off with a food fight last P-day to celebrate Elder Teixeira's birthday and also to celebrate two Elders going home at the end of the transfer... although it is sad they went home. Anyway, it was lots of fun. I even got raw egg in my hair!

Tuesday we found out that Sister Huppi and I will BOTH be training! Pretty exciting. Only three sisters are coming out so I'm pretty surprised that both of us will be training. But I am also excited. Sister Huppi will be a great trainer. 


Rayman is doing great! We had a stellar lesson with him Tuesday and he still wants to get baptized but we set a new date with him for the 16th. I don't know if I said this last week but he just got kind of nervous about taking such a big step. He went to church yesterday and even fasted! Saturday night after the baptism he was like, " Who's ready to starve tomorrow??" with great excitement. Man, he is so funny. 


Wednesday we had a lesson with a recent convert named Alexis who I have become good friends with. She helped me to see that God called me to this area to help prepare her for her mission. She has been called to serve in the Tucson, Arizona mission and will leave when she graduates. It has been such an amazing thing to see her grow in the gospel. I am so grateful for her testimony. 

Qiuyuan is still doing great! She totally dropped drinking coffee and reads and prays- I am so proud of her! We went over the baptismal interview questions with her and she did great. Ugh! I love her so much. When I told her that we might be transferred she was so sad! I wish I could be there for her baptism at the end of the month. :(

We taught Christian about faith in Jesus Christ and repentance and how we can be cleansed from sin. We invited him to be baptized the first weekend of December and said that was perfect! Saturday he came to the baptism of Chris and Sunday he came to church and really enjoyed it.

Halloween was a blast! We went to a party at Christina Allen's house and it was great. Investigators came and we even got a few referrals out of it! And the food was great. It was stormy and fun. I love holidays!

Sorry this email is all over the place but I need to hurry. The baptism of Chris was amazing and I was soooo filled with joy and the spirit as I saw him become perfectly clean. Sister Huppi and I sang a musical number that came together nicely. Chris bore his testimony, which was very powerful. Saturday night we found out that I will be opening a new area in Missouri called Sandy Creek! I'm excited to open and train again but will really miss all of the wonderful people here I have come to love and care for so much. 

Gah! Gotta go catch a bus! Have a wonderful week! Next time you hear from me I will be back in Missouri! Love you all!

Sister Collett

No comments:

Post a Comment