Monday, August 12, 2013


(Sorry, didn't have time to write last week!)

I'm going to be training again! I'm so excited! And I'm going to be in a University ward in Columbia, Missouri! Crazy, right!? Usually they have zone leaders in YSA wards because they are so busy helping other missionaries they need to be in a place where they can have easier success. We are going to tear this place up! I am so excited! It's going to be weird being a missionary on a college campus but I know that great things will come from it.
This week we did a lot of work. Found a lot more people to teach and even got investigators to come to church! Steve (guy we teach in his treehouse) came to church and I think he really enjoyed it.  We'll be teaching him again tomorrow.

Here is his treehouse.


Oh, and he says this lotus only opens when we come to teach him.  Coincidence?  I think not!  :-p


I'm gonna miss this area. It was hard to say goodbye to all the families in this ward I have grown to love, but I am so excited for what is ahead. This past week we started teaching a few families who are really searching and ready for change in their lives. We found this one lady named Stephanie who, when we knocked on her door, didn't seem like she wanted to talk to us.  But then we told her about the Book of Mormon and she was like, "What? There's a record of Christ coming here? I've always believed that but never knew there was a record of it! I've been searching for this my whole life." Then when we came back to set up a time to teach her she said she was a couple chapters in and totally loving it. Way nice lady. Sister Linton and her new companion will have so much fun teaching her! 

There are a ton of people out here who are searching for the truth but "know not where to find it." I just LOVE finding them and teaching them! Sure, sometimes people don't show up for church but some do! And many of our investigators are progressing. I just LOVE being a missionary! There is nothing better than helping people to know that God is not silent- he speaks through his Prophets today and that Christ's church that HE istablished is on the earth today. Seeing it click in their eyes and helping them to feel that joy is the best feeling in the world. I love this work and I love my Savior. I wish I had more time but just know that I love all of you!

Oh and we got to go to the temple and it was awesome! If you haven't been to the temple recently GO. It's great. :) 



Have a great week! Next time you hear from me I'll be in Columbia!!!!!
With a new greeeenieee!!!!

p.s. my family is awesome :) they do member missionary work- and so do my friends! :) LOVE YOU ALL

 p.s.s. here are some families I'm going to miss in this area!





And this is Dorris, who came to church for the first time this week.


This?  This is a bird. 


No comments:

Post a Comment