Monday, July 15, 2013

Last P-Day was sick! We went to Paint Louis (which is a wall in downtown St. Louis where people tag along this suuuuper long wall down by the railroad tracks). Most people tag illegally but our awesome Zone Leaders got a permit to tag on a section of the wall so we could all tag! It was super fun and I felt cool. B-)


Our Zone is St. Louis South Zone and our Zone leader did the fish. Pretty sweet, huh? Mine is supposed to look like a telephone with the cord spelling out my favorite song, "Call it What You Want". My companion did the CTR shield in the corner on the right. Oh and I did the Sister one too.





The rest of the week was full of finding and service! We tracted and found a new investigator from Brazil! She was super cool and we said we would get her a Book of Mormon in Portuguese! We found another one on that street that was from India originally. Pretty cool. By the way, for those of you who have never served a mission- the way that we decide where to tract is by inspiration. I don't know if I've said this before but what we do it we pray and ask Heavenly Father to tell us where to go. Then we look at a map of our area and each of us write down five street names that we feel prompted to tract. Then we read our little list to each other and see which street names match up. It's really cool that we can look at a map of a huge area and be inspired to know which street to tract. I love this work!

We taught a lot and even got to go to the temple! Donna and John got to go to the temple to do baptisms for the first time and they both had really incredible experiences. I can't tell you how much I love seeing people grow in their faith and in the gospel. It is so awesome. Sister Linton and I got to do a session with our ward which was a nice opportunity. I love this temple.


So our investigator Ian dropped us... BUT our neighbor Noel is progressing a lot! We went to Sunday Mass at his beautiful Catholic church on Sunday and it was a cool experience. Then he came to our church and LOVED it! I've never seen him so happy. He loved how welcoming and nice everyone was and I'm sure he felt the spirit. The ward is really excited about the work which makes things a lot better for the work. 
My MOM is a great example of a member willing to serve! I learned today that she went to do some new member lessons with recent converts in the ward! Woohoo!! Go mom! :) She's the best. 

Donna sang a beautiful song in church on Sunday that really brought the spirit. It was a duet with a man in our ward that also has a great voice. I think Noel really enjoyed it. Things are good here just trying to find more people to baptize! The heat really isn't as bad as everyone said it would be. I love my mission! It's beautiful and I'm so grateful to be out here serving the Lord. Thank you to everyone who has supported and shown me love. 

Keep smiling!

Sister Collett

No comments:

Post a Comment