Monday, January 20, 2014

I've been learning this lesson about how the Lord does his work. This week I came to realize how God calls us to serve in different capacities no matter what we may think we are called to do. I'm the kind of person that likes to see results. As an artist I love to work hard and then step back and look at what came of the time and energy out into my work. Sometimes when we step back we see that the painting didn't turn out the way you thought it would. I've been learning how to be okay with the outcome. 

Sister Smith and I spent a lot of time this week just talking to people. Volunteering at the food pantry and getting to see the people there. We had fun sewing dolls for a children's hospital and I found out how much I like sewing! I think I'm going to take a sewing class when I get back to school. I'm learning a lot about myself and how to be who God wants me to be, instead of what I think I want to be. I love seeing the Lord shape and mold me into something I didn't think of ever being. 

I'm grateful for the opportunity that I've had to live with another set of sister missionaries. It definitely keeps things exciting and has helped me to grow. I know that God places us where we are meant to be and every person he puts in our life is an opportunity to grow. 

Crystal is doing great and we are planning on her getting baptized on the 15th of February. She works at Petsmart and is having a hard time getting work off to go to church. She wants to go to church and is upset the manager won't let her get it off for such a good reason. We're praying she can find another job but it's hard because she wants it to be a job with animals. Hopefully something will come up and she will be able to come to church. She did get to come to the branch lunch that was after church! So she got to meet our branch president and a lot of other people. I hope that she felt welcomed and wants to come again.

Jamie is doing really well and we are hoping to set a date with her tomorrow for baptism. We had a great lesson with her that really answered her questions and the spirit was definitely there. 

We've also been working with a less-active member named Rebeka who is really wanting to change her life around. She has been innactive for four years and finally wants to come back. She's a very sweet girl and we have loved working with her. She said she decided to read her scriptures one day and then the next day she found a new job! And it's her dream job! She had been looking for a job for three months and got one as soon as she read! How cool is that? She actually came to our lesson with Jamie and shared that experience with her. Good stuff. 

I love this gospel and the love that God has for his children. I feel so blessed to be a part of this work and am so grateful for my wonderful family and the support that they give me. I love you all and appreciate your prayers. Have a happy week! 
:)

Love,


Sister Collett

No comments:

Post a Comment